UX Design & Product Lead
We are looking for a UX Design & Product Lead to help cruise GetMyBoat through an imminent growthstorm.
To be a good fit you must:
• have at least 6 years experience in consumer facing tech startups.
• have an exceptional visual and ux design folio.
• be experienced and trained in managing product development, projects, and people.
• have special talents in your back pocket like; experience coding, analysing data, research methods, copywriting, illustration, photography, or animation.
GetMyBoat is one of the world's most exciting no-travel startups of 2021. We offer remote work, a global team, online collaboration, exciting growth, and a friendly, supportive culture. We are a small organization with very high impact people that are focussed on winning and loving what we do. We were recently named in the Digital 100 top growing brands 2021, and 2020 Apple App of the Day.
Interested? Please review the complete details of the role and instructions below for how to submit your application!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The GetMyBoat UX Design & Product Lead will drive product execution, design and experience. Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, your job (in a seashell), is to assist the CPO in the planning and execution of company growth.
• Contribute world-class product, experience, and communication design.
• Build and manage a team of designers and product managers.
• Oversee design and development projects, releases and deliverables.
• Work with teams in operations, customer service, marketing and sales to gather feedback, plan solutions, and contribute to their projects with design and communications.
• Understand business goals and user needs and turn them into world-class product experiences.
• Review and assess usability, user experience, and product quality, turning findings into actionable plans, issues and tasks.
• Review and improve processes in design, development and operations.
• Prioritize and execute work to grow the business.
We are mainly looking for someone smart, articulate, and highly motivated. The right person should appreciate how incredible this opportunity might be, and we're looking forward to showing you that it actually is.
This is a 100% remote work opportunity. Our talented team is globally distributed all over the world – you decide where you work. Whether that's at home or in a co-working space, you’ll need to create an environment where you can establish routines that enable productivity. Note, this is not a good part-time job for Digital Nomads. You need to be planted, available, and prolifically productive.
All of our work happens through online collaboration, so you’ll need to be an effective communicator on calls, slack and various other means.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• 6+ years experience in consumer facing software product development startups.
• Exceptional visual design skills encompassing UI, brand, communications, marketing, illustration, iconography, animation, and photography.
• Sketch, Zeplin, Abstract, Adobe, Github, Trello etc.
• Experience managing people, coaching, budgets, hiring, and firing.
• Strong experience developing multi-platform products for web, iOS, and Android.
• Strong experience in product and project management, methodologies and tools.
• Research and analysis skills in qualitative and quantitative methods. From user testing to literature review, and survey instruments to data analysis.
• Exceptional communication and copywriting skills.
• Some form of coding experience in web, mobile apps, scripting, functional languages, sql or similar.
• Experience in a two-sided marketplace startup.
• Bachelors or higher degree in design, UX, HCI, or software development.
• Love of boating experiences and passion for the GetMyBoat product.
To apply, please submit an introductory Pitch Deck that addresses how you are a great match for the role we are seeking, with examples of your work.
Please also attach your resume and let us know your working location (city / country).
In addition to the required skills and experience we are looking for excellent english, communication skills, and passion about the opportunity.
Please note - not all applications will receive a reply. Applications that don't meet the above criteria may be ignored.
How to Submit
Use the subject line "UX Design & Product Lead".